Thursday, April 28, 2011

Online Writing

I am quickly discovering more and more about the world of online writing as well as doing my best to soak up and learn all I can right now about the behind the scenes work that goes into both it and blogging. I won't bother you with all of the boring details in that JUST yet. I'll wait until I understand them more and can make them vastly more interesting to you as the reader.

In the meantime, writing for Yahoo's Contributor Network is really kicking off. Taking assignments, turning out articles, waiting through the submission process (anywhere from a few hours to a few days), and the final thrill of acceptance each time...it's becoming one giant roller coaster full of mini-rushes and excitement. It's revving me up to be more focused on my own projects, and I'm loving the feeling.

Two more articles came out today about writing and hopefully you'll find some interest and use in them as fellow writers and readers.

How to Write a Sestina
The Top 5 Podcasts for Fiction Writers

In honor of the first article, I thought I'd share a sestina that I've written and give you all one more excerpt of some of my writing before I dive back into the hole of working on the novel.

Just remember, for better or worse, I LOVE feedback!

Yours Truly,
Mrs. C



"Death Doth Follow Me"


I arose that day and thought, "Death doth follow me."
It was an inexplicable feeling that I did not question
And I felt it deep down in my heart.
The heat rose in my blood
And I remembered last night's wine
And my lover, my sweetheart, dear Robin.


A knock rose at my door and then entered my Robin
Who spoke sweetly as he said unto me
That the kitchen was all out of wine
And the servants had many a question,
That they'd cleared the counter of blood
And thrown to the dogs the nobleman's heart.


Then rising to a faster pace my heart
Took in the cool countenance of Robin
And racing like a torrent of rain, my blood
Echoed that, "Death doth follow me."
Again all silenced were my questions
And my mind remained muddled in wine.


The counter had been half wine
And not all sustenance from his heart,
But that would hardly answer the questions
For well as I knew, and so did my Robin,
That the blame should all fall to me,
And my conscience wallow in blood.


But my hands held not just the lord's blood
And they were not stained in wine,
Though I remembered that Death doth follow me
The fear turned blue in my heart
As I watched my beloved, my Robin,
Open his eyes wide in question.


In silent tongues he spoke his question
As the gleaming dagger soaked up his blood,
He crumpled upon the floor and Robin
Lay in his own red wine.
The ghostly murderer flew and my heart
Stood still, repeating, "Death doth follow me."


No more have I the taste for blood-red wine,
It reminds me of Robin's heart,
And though I should have, I never did question why Death doth followed me.

2 comments:

  1. What's it like writing for Yahoo's Contributor Network?
    I've looked into it and even made an account. But I'd really like to hear what it's like underneath. All the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your eye out for a post on that soon. I'm still learning about it and want to write a very well-informed post when I do, so I'm holding off another couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

 
The NaNoWriMo Quest - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore